Did everyone have a Happy Halloween??! Are you fully filled with your share of sugar for the year??! Wondering what you’re going to do with that bucket load of candy sitting in your kids room??! I know I sure am! Honestly, it’s so much fun to get the kiddos dressed up and to take them around trick-or-treating, but then I stare at their buckets of candy and think, “There is no way I want them consuming all of this!” So what can we do? Turn that candy into cookies and give them away for someone else to consume! 😀 (Aren’t we so thoughtful?!)
Here’s a recipe to use up all those Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (which, honestly, are one of my favorite treats and therefore one of the hardest to give away… but a waistline has to do what a waistline has to do!). 😉 These cookies are SO SO yummy! Soft, chewy, chocolate, and peanut butter cups. It doesn’t get much better. You’ll definitely want to give these a try!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Download Printable Version
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (I think I used a devil’s food mix, but just pick your favorite)
- 1 large egg (2 Tbsp egg powder + 4 Tbsp water)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup water
- Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled or cut into chunks (as much as you want!) 🙂
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease 1-2 cookie sheets.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the cake mix, egg, oil, and water. Mix until well blended. (Note in the picture below that this will make a really stiff dough. So when your dough gets really hard to stir, don’t worry… you’re doing it right. :))
- Add your peanut butter cup chunks and mix till combined.
- Drop by small spoonfuls onto your cookie sheets, approximately 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. If you are baking two cookie sheets at a time, be sure to rotate them half way through. (Note: I found 11-12 minutes to be plenty of time, but my oven tends to run a little hot. Just keep an eye on them and don’t overbake or you’ll lose the softness of the cookie! *tragic!*)
- Remove from oven, allow to cool a few minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Enjoy!!