September is National Preparedness Month, and this couldn’t come at a better time than with the US East Coast in disaster mode from Hurricane Irene. If you’re fortunate enough to be spared from the catastrophe there, please take the time this month to get your homes in order so that you are prepared in the event of a disaster in your area!
Here are some ideas of things you can do:
- Review and update your family’s Evacuation Plans (remember there are three different kinds: 5-second, 5-minute, and 5-hour)
- Begin or update your 72-Hour Kits
- Begin or update your First Aid Kits
- Evaluate your food storage plan. If you’ve reached a lull in your momentum, adjust your plan and start again with new enthusiasm 🙂
- Check the status and do an inventory of your food storage. How’s it coming along?
- Plant a late summer/early fall garden
Also, being National Preparedness Month, many preparedness companies are having some great sales on some great items. So check out our sponsors (on the side bar) and shop around for some of your favorite food storage/preparedness items, or take this opportunity to invest in something you’ve been wanting to!
AND, in honor of preparedness month, Food Storage And Beyond is offering an AMAZING deal of our own! You can get the GLOBAL SUN OVEN plus two 3-quart roasting pots, one set of loaf pans (so two pans), one set of cookie/brownie pans (again, two pans), AND a water pasteurizer indicator, PLUS a CD of over 80 SUN OVEN recipes… ALL FOR ONLY $280 (plus FREE SHIPPING!!!) (Click HERE for additional information on these items.) This offer is only good through the month of September, and you must contact me directly (and reference SUN OVEN Bundle in the subject line) to place this order (as opposed to ordering online through this site). Don’t miss out!! This is a phenomenal deal the company is allowing us to extend to you for this month! (Actual retail on this bundle is over $350 (not to mention the free shipping)!) Just think of all the people on the east coast without power who wish they had a way to cook something right now! Don’t be stuck in that situation! Let’s get prepared!