This yummy little dinner is one that I came up with after watching a roommate in college make a similar concoction. If you can use fresh tomatoes and green beans from the garden (oh, okay… or from the store too), then by all means do. Otherwise, the canned alternative works wonderfully as well.
Green Bean Chicken Alfredo Casserole
Download Printable Version
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 pint canned chicken
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tsp McCormick’s Grill Mates Montreal Chicken seasoning
- 1 (15 oz) can green beans, drained (or about 1½ cups fresh beans, cut up)
- 1 (15 oz) can diced, seasoned tomatoes (whatever you favorite seasoned kind is), drained (or 1-2 large tomatoes, diced)
- 1 jar of your favorite alfredo sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups (8 oz) fresh grated mozzarella or parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Cook your pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, drain and rinse your canned chicken. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add your chicken. Sprinkle the grilled chicken seasoning over the chicken and saute for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Drain the cooked pasta and transfer it into 9 x 13 baking dish. Add the chicken, green beans and diced tomatoes into the dish and give it a stir to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- Pour the alfredo sauce over the top and lightly mix it in (just enough to get the sauce settled into the pan). Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top according to taste and then layer with the cheese (if using).
- Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and all the ingredients are warmed through. Enjoy!
- Serves 6-8 people.