Holy name and holy cookie! This is a fun twist on a traditional peanut butter cookie. It’s got that salty-sweet combo that I love and it’s just a lot of fun in your mouth with the extra crunch from the pretzels. It’s yummy. Hope you enjoy!
Double White Chocolate Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookies
Download Printable Version
- ½ cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups white chocolate chips, divided (or one 10-12 oz bag, divided)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, plus 2 Tbsp
- 1 large egg (2 Tbsp egg powder + 4 Tbsp water)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup broken pretzel pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Cream together the butter and sugars. In a double boiler, melt 1 cup of the white chocolate chips and the 2 Tbsp peanut butter until smooth. Add the melted white chocolate along with the remaining 1 cup of peanut butter to the butter and sugar and mix. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix. Add to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Add the broken pretzel bits and the remaining white chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough onto a greased cookie sheet (you may need to mold each into a ball to help it stick together a little better), then gently press each one down to about ½-inch thickness.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until edges become barely golden. Let cool for about 10 minutes on a cookies sheet before removing to a cooling rack.
- Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies.
Adapted from Picky Palate