These are so so yummy. I got this recipe from a lady in my ward at church and just love it! I adapted it only in the fact that I use chunks of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups in place of the chocolate chips (although I use some of those as well!) 😀 Oh, and the recipe calls for butter, making it a ‘With Electricity’ recipe. However, you could use all shortening to make it completely shelf stable if you wanted. Enjoy!!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chunk Cookies
Download Printable Version
- 1/3 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs (4 Tbsp egg powder + 1/2 cup water)
- 1 ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- approximately 12 oz Reese’s peanut butter chunks (or make your own from peanut butter cups)
- approximately 4 oz mini chocolate chips
- Cream together the butter, shortening and sugars. Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour, soda and salt. Mix well.
- Add in the Reese’s chunks and mini chocolate chips. Mix to combine.
- Scoop rounded spoonfuls and form into a ball. Place on a greased cookie sheet about 1-2” apart.
- Bake at 350º F for 11-13 minutes, or until the cookies just barely start to turn brown.
- Cool and Enjoy!
Note: These also make killer regular chocolate chip cookies. Just replace the peanut butter chunks with regular chocolate chips (and omit the mini chips).