This is a new favorite of mine. I can’t believe I’ve never tried making this before! Not only is it easy, but it is absolutely wonderful! Especially on a cold night. Serve it with the Easy Dinner Rolls from last week and some green beans and you’ve got yourself an absolutely fabulous meal that just screams ‘Homemade Comfort!’ 😀
Download Printable Version
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 lb ground beef or sausage (I like sausage)
- 1 jar pasta sauce (your favorite kind)
- 2-3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 ºF. Generously grease a 9 x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook your spaghetti noodles according to package directions until al dente.
- While the noodles are cooking, brown your meat and drain off any excess fat. Add the pasta sauce to the meat and stir till combined.
- When the noodles are done, drain and then place them back in their pan. Add the butter and allow it to melt and coat the noodles. Once melted, add 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese to the noodles and again stir to coat.
- Layer the noodles in the prepared pan and top with another 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese.
- Add the meat sauce on top of the noodles in an even layer.
- Top with the grated mozzarella and remaining parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and return the pan to the oven to bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- Allow to cool about 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Note: This recipe is for ‘With Electricity’ due to the mozzarella cheese and the meat (unless you have that meat canned).
Adapted from Baked Spaghetti by Campbell’s Kitchen