Oh my heavens. The cake mix goodness just never ends. These cookies are an absolute must try, especially if you’re a mint lover. I gotta say, though… they created quite the mess when I was making them. Well, I guess technically I made the mess, but the cookies sure did their fair share. 😉 For starters I thought I would try sifting the cake mix since my last cake mix cookies had some clumps of batter. Bad idea. As it turns out, cake mix is too thick to sift effectively (unless you want to sit there for an hour to do it). Then I thought that while I was in the process of turning these into a ‘without electricity’ recipe, I’d try out my new hand beater to give it an authentic ‘no electricity’ effort. Another mistake. This batter is so incredibly thick that I could barely turn the beaters a single crank, let alone do any good at actually mixing. So if you were actually to be making these without electricity, just use a solid wooden spoon to mix these puppies up. Anyway, by the time I finally got the cookies in the oven, I had chocolatey tools all over my kitchen. But I guess it’s never a bad thing to be covered in chocolate, right? 🙂 Well I hope you enjoy these little bites of heaven!
Mini Mint Chocolate Cookies
Download Printable Version
- 1 pkg Devil’s Food cake mix
- 5 Tbsp butter flavored shortening, plus ½ Tbsp water (or just 5 Tbsp butter)
- 2 eggs (¼ cup egg powder + ½ cup water)
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cake mix, shortening + water (or butter), eggs, and mint extract with an electric beater at medium speed until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop small tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are set and centers are no longer shiny. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Enjoy!!