These are tasty little treats that can be made from completely shelf stable ingredients. But don’t let the ‘Cheerio’ part fool you into thinking they’re semi-healthy. These are loaded with yummy, not so healthy, goodness! 😉
Download Printable Version
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups peanut butter (yes, it’s a ton of peanut butter)
- 1 (12 oz) pkg chocolate chips
- 6-7 cups regular cheerios cereal
- In a large saucepan, heat the corn syrup, sugar, salt, and vanilla over medium-high to high heat until boiling.
- Meanwhile, prepare a 13 x 9 pan by greasing the bottom and sides with a light butter layer.
- Once the mixture is boiling, reduce heat to medium and add the peanut butter. Stir until the peanut butter has melted and is well mixed in.
- Reduce the heat even further (about medium low) and add the chocolate chips. Stir until lightly melted and then remove the pan from the heat. Keep stirring until chocolate is fully melted and incorporated, then add the cheerios.
- Mix mix mix until all the cheerios are well coated.
- Now pour the mixture into your prepared 13 x 9 pan. Press down firmly all over until it is packed down. Allow to cool. Cut into bars. Enjoy!