This is a tasty and very versatile dish. You can take the chicken mixture and serve it over rice or chips, but I like it rolled up like a burrito. Yum! Hope you enjoy it!
Southwestern Chicken Burritos
- 1 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp McCormick Grilled Chicken seasonings (or any of your favorite chicken seasonings)
- 1 pint chicken (or 2 large chicken breasts, diced and cooked)
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pkg chicken taco seasoning
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa (mild, medium, or hot… your preference)
- warmed tortillas
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- shredded cheddar cheese
- diced avocado or guacamole
-Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add the cooked chicken and sprinkle it with the seasonings. Lightly saute for about 1-2 minutes.
-Add the corn, beans, and chicken taco seasoning packet. Mix and saute for about another minute.
-Add the salsa and mix. Let simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes until the mixture is nice and warm and the flavors have come together.
-Serve with warm tortillas. Layer any of your toppings you have available inside the tortilla with the chicken mixture and roll it up. Enjoy!
(Adapted from a recipe by my Aunt Ann)